Monday, November 3, 2008

Award Winners

I explored a site that I have heard about but never really looked at. DonorsChoose.org is a site where teachers from all across the US can request classroom materials. Interested donors can go to this site and pick a classroom project to donate to. I searched for Boston and found an 11th grade class from Brook Farm Academy requesting a "Global Studies Classroom Library." The teachers needs $720 for 5 copies each of Our America, Caucasia, The Farming of Bones, Krik? Krak!, Drown, When I Was Puerto Rican, In the Time of Butterflies, A Long Way Gone, and House of the Spirits. How exciting to find one of the Boston Small High School teachers asking for these resources! I can only wonder if this is someone who has taken one of our programs. (The teacher is Ms. G and there is a teacher with the last name Grady at Brook Farm who teaches 9th and 11th grade Humanities who has taken several of our courses.)

Here is the link to the request if you are interested.

No comments: