Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tag, You're It

I have found Delicious to be quite a useful tool. I've had an account since 2006 and originally started using it to post links to important articles and websites about information literacy for the instruction librarians I worked with at EC. Now, it has become a great place for me to bookmark websites with useful reference information. It's so hard to keep track of every great website or kernel of information I come across on any given day, but with Delicious, I can bookmark a site, tag it and come back later if I'm looking for a site to answer a reference question.

My Delicious page is http://delicious.com/jennhanson. This week I played with the Tag Bundles feature. I had never noticed this feature before and it helps me keep my sites organized even more into categories that are most useful to my work. Using the tag bundles like library and technology, I can create lists for my own interests and lists for reference purposes.

As far as Technorati goes, I like that there are ways to find images and videos through Technorati's search features. This could be useful to find relevant multimedia in blogs related to our work.

1 comment:

Julia and Patrick said...

The bundling tool sounds neat. Is that one way I could organize sites that are more for personal vs professional purposes? Right now, I am just keeping the personal ones "private", but it would be good to organize them all in some way for myself. Thanks for the tip.